Brouse McDowell is a full-service business law firm based in northeast Ohio. From offices in Akron, Cleveland, Youngstown and Lorain County, our 90 attorneys serve clients across the region and far beyond. We’re a mid-size firm with the talent, diverse experience and national reach of a large firm and the unwavering service ethic and personal touch of a small firm. For more information on Brouse McDowell, visit the 'Our Firm' page.
Brouse McDowell LLP is an Ohio based law firm with four regional offices. We are currently seeking a Billing Coordinator for the Akron office.
• Perform all aspects of the monthly billing cycle, through month-end close
• Compile and bill attorneys’ hours to clients every month
• Review and edit time entries to ensure proper matter coding, billing rates and compliance with attorney/client/billing/ebilling guidelines
• Apply retainer funds as directed by attorneys
• Process write-offs following firm policy
• Create billing analyses as required
• Monthly review and follow-up on WIP aging to ensure that matters on hold are clearly noted and are billed as soon as possible once completed
• Set-up and maintenance of ebilling formats and websites
• Assist with maintaining all levels of the firm’s rate structures
• Respond to attorney and client billing requests and inquiries
• Maintain firm’s Billing Procedures Manual including the writing of periodic updates
• Serve as backup for others in the Accounting Department which requires a general overview of each person's job responsibilities
• Assist with special projects as required
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, or equivalent professional experience
• 3+ years of billing/ebilling experience in a professional services environment; experience with Aderant/Expert a plus
• Strong MS Word and Excel skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner
• Methodical and patient problem solving skills
• Ability to track and prioritize a variety of details
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
• Experience with and desire for continual learning
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness a must
• Ability to work under pressure and shifting deadlines
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Willingness and ability to learn other jobs in the department to understand how all positions are interrelated
• Ability to analyze and critically review prebills to ensure data is of the highest quality for present and future use
• Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
Please submit your resume through our website www.brouse.com >Careers>Apply Now.
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to base compensation, Brouse McDowell offers an array of attractive benefits:
- Employer Match to 401 (k) Plan.
- Profit Sharing Plan Contribution.
- Paid Indoor Parking.
- Medical Insurance.
- Other Insurance (i.e. long term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment)
- Other amenities, including comprehensive training in the latest technology and accelerated opportunities to take on more challenging assignments.