Brouse McDowell is a full-service business law firm based in northeast Ohio. From offices in Akron, Cleveland, Youngstown and Lorain County, our 80 attorneys serve clients across the region and far beyond. We’re a mid-size firm with the talent, diverse experience and national reach of a large firm and the unwavering service ethic and personal touch of a small firm. For more information on Brouse McDowell, visit the 'Our Firm' page.
We have an opening for a full-time Legal Assistant in our Akron office, supporting our busy Health Care Practice Group.
Ideal candidate will possess experience in some/all of the following areas:
• Supporting busy attorneys in the area of health care or law;
• Understands procedures, processes, and legal documents in the area of practice listed above;
• Prepares documents, correspondence, and memoranda as required;
• Communicates in a clear, professional, friendly and concise manner, both verbally and in writing, with clients and co-workers;
• Manages client files, documents, and information in both hard copy and digital format;
• Reviews and proofreads all documents produced, checking for proper formatting, spelling, and grammar;
• Prepares new client intake forms, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data;
• Coordinates billing process, from time entry to preparing/reviewing prebills, proofreading, editing and sending bills to clients, all in accordance with the firm’s procedures and deadlines;
• Provides prompt, courteous and excellent service to all
• Minimum of five years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
• Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to be proactive, to work independently or with a team;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products; i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
• Experience with Aderant Expert software a plus
Excellent compensation and benefits. Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to our Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Brouse McDowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Brouse is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Brouse are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to base compensation, Brouse McDowell offers an array of attractive benefits:
- Employer Match to 401 (k) Plan.
- Profit Sharing Plan Contribution.
- Paid Indoor Parking.
- Medical Insurance.
- Other Insurance (i.e. long term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment)
- Other amenities, including comprehensive training in the latest technology and accelerated opportunities to take on more challenging assignments.