Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Apply Now
Office Services Support Specialist
Location: Akron, Ohio
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Office Services Support Specialist is primarily responsible for all Office Services functions including the Copy Center, Hospitality and Law Clerk functions. The Office Services Specialist is expected to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment. The focus of this position will be towards the Hospitality function of this position. This person must be a strong thinker, detail oriented, proactive, and have the ability to prioritize projects. Exceptional client service is a must.
- Process all copy and scanning jobs
- Process all incoming and outgoing faxes
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail and ensure appropriate postage is applied
- Pick-up and deliver mail to and from Post Office
- Process all incoming and outgoing packages and ensure proper delivery
- Process all internal mail runs
- Maintain and order all supplies as set forth by Operations Manager including office supplies, toners, break room supplies, hospitality, and mail machine supplies.
- Call for service on machines when needed
- Assist with answering office phones and emails
- Maintain the appearance of all public areas in conformance with Firm standards
- Periodically remove dated magazines and newspapers from the lobby tablesBe observant when traveling throughout the office for burned out lights, damaged furniture, chipped paint, etc. and take appropriate actions as directed for your location by the Operations Manager
- Set-up and clean-up of all conference rooms for all meetings and firm events in conformance with Firm standards
- Maintain supplies in all conference rooms including basic office supplies, napkins, coasters, beverages, etc.
- Maintain inventory and cleanliness of all hospitality supplies including china, silverware, glassware, and coffee cups, etc.
- Periodically check and maintain the appearance of all conference rooms throughout the day
Break Room and Coffee Stations:
- Maintain cleanliness of counters and sinks
- Maintain coffee supplies and inventory in break room and coffee stations
- Prepare all hospitality supply orders
- Defrost and clean out the refrigerator twice a month
Perform court runs and other legal errands including but not limited to the:
- Delivery of filings and document retrieval at various courts, including the Federal, State, and County courts, etc.
- Drop-off and retrieval of documents at various Judge’s Chambers
- Transportation of over-sized documents to local copy centers for reproduction
- Performance of other legal errands and/or filings in the city/county corresponding with his or her office location, and other neighboring counties when suitable
- Arrange for courier service to perform filings, deliveries, etc. that are too far from the office
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in customer service
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Highly detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile available for business use
Location: Akron, Ohio
Reports to: Director of Accounting
The firm is seeking a Staff Accountant to serve as an integral member of the Accounting Department who will assist with the day to day activities of the firm’s accounting functions and support the Chief Financial Officer and the Director of Accounting in achieving the organizational and strategic goals of the firm. This individual will be responsible for daily and regular interval accounting activities including Treasury Management, employee reimbursements, and payroll journal entries. This individual will be primary backup to Accounts Payable and Payroll.
- Process employee reimbursement expenses ensuring appropriate approvals and accurate coding to the general ledger
- Prepare 1099 filings in compliance with the Internal Revenue Service
- Monitor and recommend action on funds held in the firm’s trust and other related accounts according to Department of Commerce guidelines; provide quarterly updates to the Director of Accounting
- Prepare of data for quarterly and annual filings to the State of Ohio
- Reconcile firm petty cash and bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Assist in preparation of the monthly financial statements and performance reporting
- Assist in preparation and analysis of firm budget
- Assist in preparation of data for annual compilation and other firm audits
- Handle additional accounting projects as assigned
- Serve as primary backup for Accounts Payable
- Prepare and post payroll and related journal entries
- Maintain payroll G/L interface software with firm’s financial system
- Serve as primary backup for Payroll
- Maintain firm’s Treasury Management banking software
- Process internal electronic bank transfers
- Setup and preparation of outgoing wire transfers according to policy – domestic and international
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of Accounting experience, including payroll
- Prior experience with law firm financial accounting systems or professional service firm preferred
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with and desire for continual learning
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness a must
- Ability to adapt to shifting deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Apply Now
Systems and Cloud Engineer
Location: Akron, Ohio
Reports to: Director of Technology
The firm is seeking a Systems and Cloud Engineer to serve as an integral member of the technology team. This position supports and evolves the Firm’s technology ecosystem and leads a broad range of technology projects. The Systems and Cloud Engineer will work in tandem with the Firm’s Manager of Technology Support to support new features, policies, and best practices to meet the growing needs of the Firm.
Technology Operations Engineering
- Manage a Microsoft cloud and domain environment, including Azure AD, Azure MFA, Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint online, OneDrive for business.
- Manage Firm’s on-premise Mitel phone system and Cloud VoIP Services
- Manage on-premise VMware and Windows server infrastructure
- As necessary configure and install servers, VoIP and SD Wan hardware, firewalls, switches and other related equipment, devices and systems
- Ensure data and voice circuits are appropriately sized to meet the needs of each office
- Act as first responder to information security discovery and incidents.
- Use the Firm’s ticketing system to create and respond to escalated tickets.
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators for critical business applications that include availability, issue/user ratio and end user satisfaction.
- Maintain backup infrastructure for systems and data
- Follow standard operating procedures for scheduled SQL database maintenance
- Ensure all systems are monitored and issues addressed in a timely manner using services, contractors, and employees.
Projects and Leadership
- Adhere to all Firm policies and ensure processes are consistent with Firm’s information security and compliance practices
- Lead technology initiatives identified within the Firm’s strategic plan
- Review vendors and recommend technology solutions based on requirements
- Drive automation within the IT team, authoring PowerShell scripts to be used by the service desk as an example
- Responsible for technology change control and coordinating timing of changes
- Provide ‘train the trainer’ instruction to IT team members
- Maintain services and network diagrams
- Act as a backup to Manager of Technology Support during periods of vacation
- Four-year technical degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years Windows System support experience
- 2+ years of Office 365 experience
- 2+ year Windows Powershell script authoring
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and Cloud PBX/VoIP solutions
- Superior customer service/interpersonal skills (both oral & written)
- Independent analysis and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team or independently
- Ability to manage multiple activities of competing priorities with frequent interruptions.
- Must have the ability to lift 20 – 30 lbs.
- Must have the ability to travel between offices
- Law firm experience a major plus
- Certification(s): ITIL Foundations v3, MCSE Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Document Management System support experience
- VMware and Azure platforms
- Veeam Backup and Replication
Brouse McDowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Brouse is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Brouse are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to base compensation, Brouse McDowell offers an array of attractive benefits:
- Employer Match to 401 (k) Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan Contribution
- Paid Indoor Parking
- Medical Insurance
- Other Insurance (i.e. long term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment)
- Other amenities, including comprehensive training in the latest technology and accelerated opportunities to take on more challenging assignments