Wesley is a partner in Brouse McDowell’s Litigation Practice Group. His substantial experience in business litigation and counseling has enabled him to obtain an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating through Martindale-Hubbell. While he focuses his practice on litigation and dispute resolution, he has taken on an informal role as “outside general counsel” in the representation of businesses of all sizes and industries. In this regard, Wesley helps clients seize opportunities and respond to challenges emanating from inside and outside the organization. While litigation is sometimes unavoidable, he frequently counsels clients on the best path to avoid and resolve issues without engaging in expensive and protracted litigation. Wesley is uniquely positioned, having represented clients on both sides of many issues. He has represented both broker-dealers and investors in financial services litigation; project owners and contractors in construction disputes; and employers and employees in employment matters. This experience enables him to identify issues and leverage points in disputes that may not otherwise be readily apparent.
In connection with his representation of financial services industry professionals, Wesley was successful in passing the Series 65 Uniform Investment Advisor examination administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). He has also served as a volunteer judge in an annual student writing contest administered by the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA).
Wesley has successfully represented clients in the financial services, construction, distribution, transportation and food service industries, including:
• Representing clients in the protection of their confidential information, trade secrets, and intellectual property rights
• Representation of broker-dealers and investors in the FINRA dispute resolution process.
• Representation of financial services industry professionals and insurance agents in the defense of customer claims
• Representation of project owners and developers to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to avoid or resolve payment issues
• Representation of the issuers of securities in multi-million dollar exempt offerings under Regulation D of the federal securities laws
• Drafting of private placement memoranda and related documents, including state notice filings relating to the issuance of exempt securities
• Drafting and review of non-disclosure agreements and related documents designed to protect highly-sensitive information
• Review and drafting of software agreements and litigating claims relating to software implementations
• Representation of both employers and employees in employment disputes
• Business entity formation and structure
• Representation of trustees and heirs in probate litigation
Wesley is a frequent contributor to Brouse McDowell’s Business Litigation Advisory Blog and also contributes to the firm’s Insurance Recovery Blog and Newsletter. Wesley resides in Hudson, Ohio with his wife Sarah and two sons, Bennett and Henry. He also serves on the Children’s Education Board with the First Congregational Church of Hudson, where he is a member.