Modern franchise systems provide innovative entrepreneurs with a powerful method for efficiently growing and expanding their business to reach new customers and markets. By pairing a working business model with a robust network of franchisees, today’s franchisor is better positioned to focus and direct its attention on improving its product to more fully enjoy the benefits of its ingenuity. Franchising is not, however, without its own legal hurdles including stringent state and federal regulations, issues related to contract negotiation and disputes, and, in some cases, litigation.
As a business-focused law firm, Brouse McDowell is able to provide potential and established franchisors with a breadth of knowledge and comprehensive experience spanning multiple practice areas that are essential to start-up franchisors and allow current franchisors to grow their brand.
A sample of our services includes the following:
- Assist start-up franchisors in structuring their system to meet their specific needs
- Trademark registration and licensing
- Preparation and registration of franchise disclosure documents in compliance with Federal Trade
- Commission’s Franchise Rule and applicable state business opportunity laws
- Assist franchisors with creating and managing relationships and agreements with vendors, suppliers and franchisees to minimize disputes and maximize unit profitability
- Assist franchisors in negotiating and drafting franchise agreements, area development agreements and area representative agreements
- Assist franchisors with quality compliance programs
- Represent franchisors with respect to enforcing and protecting their franchise system
Brouse McDowell provides its clients uniquely-tailored counseling and advice in order to better anticipate and address all issues that may arise in the course of operating a successful franchise system.