Brouse McDowell is a 100-year old business law firm based in Northern Ohio. With offices in Akron, Cleveland, Toledo, and Youngstown, Ohio and Naples, Florida, the firm’s attorneys serve clients ranging from the nation’s largest corporations to mid-market entities, sole proprietorships, municipalities, and nonprofits. We are a firm with the talent, diverse experience, and national reach of a large firm and the unwavering service, ethic, and personal touch of a small firm.
At Brouse, the collective experience of more than 80 attorneys working in an interactive and collaborative environment yields creative, practical solutions for our clients. Our record of achievement in the regional business community underscores our understanding of the challenges our clients face and the important details and nuances that influence business and legal outcomes. As we begin our next century, we renew our commitment to excellence, to professional responsibility and community involvement, and to the enthusiastic and vigorous advocacy for our clients and their business matters.
Brouse by the Numbers
Number of Attorneys: 80+
- Ranked #1 by Crain’s Cleveland Business in 2020 for the highest percentage of local female partners among firms with more than 15 female partners in Northeast Ohio, according to Crain’s List of Largest Law Firms.1
- 28 Brouse attorneys were named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 list and 4 named to the Ones to Watch List.
- 24 Practice Groups were recognized by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” 2020.
- 27 Brouse attorneys were named Ohio Super Lawyers & Rising Stars® in 2020.
- 29 attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated through Martindale-Hubbell.
- 7 attorneys are Certified Specialists in Insurance Coverage Law through the Ohio State Bar Association.
1 Based on data as of June 30, 2020 from the 76 largest law firms by local number of attorneys in Northeast Ohio.