Diversity & Inclusion
Cornerstone of Our CultureBrouse McDowell is committed to leading the way when it comes to diversity and inclusion. We believe it creates a better working environment for all and allows us to more creatively solve our client’s problems.
Where the Best and Brightest SucceedWe are proud of our culture of equality that allows the best and the brightest to succeed. We strive to recruit, retain, and promote a diverse population that reflects the communities and clients we serve. This is reflected in the firm’s leadership where women serve as members of our Executive Committee, as chairs of our practice groups, and as chairs of our committees.
Community InvolvementWe encourage our attorneys and professional staff to join and develop diversity programs and initiatives that represent the distinct makeup of the firm. We are a direct reflection of the values and cultures of our employees and the communities we serve. We are proud to advance and sponsor numerous organizations and events that promote diversity and inclusion, including various minority bar associations, LGBTQ committees, and women’s initiatives, some of which are led by women from our firm.
There is More to DoAs we look to the next 100 years, Brouse McDowell will continue to focus on diversifying our inclusive workforce through our support of initiatives and organizations that work to overcome and remove barriers to employment for underserved groups in the communities in which we live and do business.
Diversity & Inclusion Highlights
- Ranked #1 for the highest percentage of local female partners among firms with more than 15 female partners in Northeast Ohio, according to Crain’s Cleveland Business 2020 List of Largest Law Firms1
- Women make up 39.6% of our total partnership (exceeding the national average by 15%2), 55.5% of our administrative leadership team and 50% of our practice chairs3
- Ranked #32 nationally for representation of women attorneys (among firms with 100 attorneys or fewer) according to Law360's Glass Ceiling 2020 Report4
- Recognized as a “Ceiling Smasher” in Law360's Glass Ceiling 2020 Report4, and ranked the #1 firm in Ohio and #8 nationally for the highest representation of women in its equity partnership (among firms with 51-100 attorneys)
- Three Brouse McDowell Attorneys Honored as “Notable Women in Law” by Crain’s, May 2018
1 Based on data as of June 30, 2020 from the 76 largest law firms by local number of attorneys in Northeast Ohio.
2 NALP Report on Diversity shows national average of 24.17% women partners at law firms, based on 2019 data from 979 law firms in the U.S.
3 Based on data as of June 30, 2020.
4 Based on data as of December 31, 2019.