Stacy, Co-Chair of Brouse McDowell's Litigation Practice Group, is a litigator who represents corporate policyholders in obtaining recovery of insurance proceeds for their liabilities and losses relating to commercial liability policies, directors and officers liability policies, construction, property and business interruption policies, professional liability policies and employment practices policies. Her experience includes assisting insureds in identifying and analyzing historical coverage, counseling clients in coverage disputes against carriers and brokers, assisting clients in policy interpretation, risk and litigation management, policy renewals and successfully litigating against insurance carriers who wrongfully deny coverage.
Stacy’s insurance recovery experience includes the following:
- Represented numerous clients in connection with obtaining defense and indemnification for past and future asbestos, silica and chemical exposure liabilities in excess of $10 million
- Successfully negotiated and monitored cost-sharing arrangements with insurance companies
- Represented numerous clients in disputes with insurers involving coverage for claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and bad faith
- Assisted client in resolving coverage disputes with excess insurers and obtaining coverage from insurers for settlements of underlying matters
- Successfully litigated on behalf of insureds and additional insureds in seeking reimbursement of defense and indemnification costs for underlying construction defect matters
- Pursuit of indemnification and/or contribution claims on behalf of companies against whom tort claims or other claims have been asserted
- Represented captive insurance companies against breach of contract and bad faith claims
Stacy also represents employers in employment litigation and advises employers on compliance with Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA and similar state and local laws. In addition, she works with clients on developing strategies to resolve complex corporate, real estate, construction contract and business tort matters. She represents clients regularly in both state and federal courts and also has represented clients in negotiations, mediations, arbitrations and other forms of dispute.