Stacy RC Berliner and Amanda Leffler Present on Insurance and Indemnity Provisions for a Lexology Webinar
December 2, 2020
Amanda Leffler and Stacy RC Berliner will present on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (EST) for the webinar “Shifting risk: drafting contractual insurance and indemnity provisions to provide the protection you contemplated.”
In order to effectively manage the myriad risks inherently associated with any contractual relationship, a party must clearly understand the type and extent of the risks it faces, analyze how much risk it is willing to tolerate and determine how it will manage, transfer or finance risk. Many commercial contracts, including construction and real estate contracts, supply or distribution agreements, service contracts and M&A transactional documents, contain detailed insurance and contractual indemnification provisions which are intended to transfer risk to the entity best able to control it. In practice, however, contractual insurance and indemnity provisions are often overlooked or misunderstood by the parties at the time of contracting, resulting in a failure to effectuate the parties’ intent when claims or losses occur.
During this webinar, speakers will examine frequently raised issues and provide practical advice regarding drafting contractual insurance and indemnity provisions, including:
- key contract provisions connected to insurance;
- additional insured coverage requirements, limitations, and approaches;
- insurer obligations to additional insureds and differences in AI endorsements;
- common law and statutory limitations on indemnity;
- waivers of subrogation and workers’ compensation immunity; and
- defense obligations of indemnitors.
To register, click here.