Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Apply Now
Office Services Support Specialist
Location: Akron, Ohio
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Office Services Support Specialist is primarily responsible for all Office Services functions including the Copy Center, Hospitality and Law Clerk functions. The Office Services Specialist is expected to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment. The focus of this position will be towards the Hospitality function of this position. This person must be a strong thinker, detail oriented, proactive, and have the ability to prioritize projects. Exceptional client service is a must.
- Process all copy and scanning jobs
- Process all incoming and outgoing faxes
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail and ensure appropriate postage is applied
- Pick-up and deliver mail to and from Post Office
- Process all incoming and outgoing packages and ensure proper delivery
- Process all internal mail runs
- Maintain and order all supplies as set forth by Operations Manager including office supplies, toners, break room supplies, hospitality, and mail machine supplies.
- Call for service on machines when needed
- Assist with answering office phones and emails
- Maintain the appearance of all public areas in conformance with Firm standards
- Periodically remove dated magazines and newspapers from the lobby tablesBe observant when traveling throughout the office for burned out lights, damaged furniture, chipped paint, etc. and take appropriate actions as directed for your location by the Operations Manager
- Set-up and clean-up of all conference rooms for all meetings and firm events in conformance with Firm standards
- Maintain supplies in all conference rooms including basic office supplies, napkins, coasters, beverages, etc.
- Maintain inventory and cleanliness of all hospitality supplies including china, silverware, glassware, and coffee cups, etc.
- Periodically check and maintain the appearance of all conference rooms throughout the day
Break Room and Coffee Stations:
- Maintain cleanliness of counters and sinks
- Maintain coffee supplies and inventory in break room and coffee stations
- Prepare all hospitality supply orders
- Defrost and clean out the refrigerator twice a month
Perform court runs and other legal errands including but not limited to the:
- Delivery of filings and document retrieval at various courts, including the Federal, State, and County courts, etc.
- Drop-off and retrieval of documents at various Judge’s Chambers
- Transportation of over-sized documents to local copy centers for reproduction
- Performance of other legal errands and/or filings in the city/county corresponding with his or her office location, and other neighboring counties when suitable
- Arrange for courier service to perform filings, deliveries, etc. that are too far from the office
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in customer service
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Highly detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile available for business use
Brouse McDowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Brouse is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Brouse are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to base compensation, Brouse McDowell offers an array of attractive benefits:
- Employer Match to 401 (k) Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan Contribution
- Paid Indoor Parking
- Medical Insurance
- Other Insurance (i.e. long term disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment)
- Other amenities, including comprehensive training in the latest technology and accelerated opportunities to take on more challenging assignments